To seek the founding élément, uncover the frame of things.
Gaspard is a seeker and an object composer.
With an inherent taste for the pure and the primitive function of things, improved along journeys in African and Australian deserts, Gaspard designs « essences » objects which simplicity steers to a call into question.
The one who, at the age of 2, was dismantling every thing that come into his hands, is today a designer obsessed by object and its sense, its function, its reason for being, its interactions, which he seeks to deconstruct in order to reveal it.
A technical but also an intellectual quest where merge philosophy, mechanics, and deep love for materials and items.
Sign-up if you want to be informed
of the new projects, events, sales,
or any interesting news!
GALLERY / STORE
- Demain Dès L’aube, Primo Piano Gallery, 2016 – “Demain Dès L’aube” series
- Le Bon Marché, Paris, 2016 – Light-Light#6
- Marcel By Gallery, Paris, France, 2015 – Light-Light#5
- Artisan Social Designers, Paris, France, 2011 – Light-Light#1
- Galerie Joseph, Paris Design Week, France, 2015
- Artifact#B, Biennale Internationale Design Saint-Etienne, France, 2015
- Now le off!, Cité de la Mode et du design, Paris Design Week, France, 2013
- Artifact, Biennale Internationale Design Saint-Etienne, France, 2013
- food design, Dessine moi un race à viande, CIAV, Bon marché, Paris, France, 2008
- Prélude, Handshuheim, Strasbourg, France, 2012
- Meet my Project, Lieu du Design, Paris, France, 2012
- International contemporary art biennial of Melle, France, 2009
- Design Zero Déchet contest, SYCTOM, Thema-Design, Île de france, France, 2013/ 2014
- Workshop BENNE, Lycée François Mansart, undergraduate design school, Paris, France, 2015
- TADI, (Aquitain Design Innovation Trophy), jury member, Bordeaux, France, 2013
- 1983, birth in Réunion Island.
- 1985, first toy disassembling.
- 1996, journey trough Namibia.
- 1997, discovery of the job of designer.
- 2000 / 2003, Baccalauréat in Applied Arts, Ambroise Vollard high school, Réunion.
- 2003, departure for Paris.
- 2003/2005, undergraduate diploma in Product Design, ENSAAMA Olivier de Serres, Paris.
- 2004, journey through Botswana, kalahari desert.
- 2005, first professional design job.
- 2007/2008, college of art and design, ESAD Reims.
- 2007, workshop in Ahmedabad, India.
- 2008, first exhibition, Bon marché, Paris
- 2008/2009, Licence’s degree in sustainable design, Université of Besançon.
- 2009/2010, journey through Australia.
- 2011, creation of Gaspard Graulich studio.